Please stop in and see a librarian to find out how to locate any materials if you aren't sure how. The Ramsey Science Fiction Collection holds full runs of many famous science fiction magazines from the "golden age" of science fiction. We would enjoy working with you on any assignments or projects!
1. Select a topic - can you find something you have a strong interest in; and which has enough information to use, and which is original(a topic that contradicts or is unpopular, or is bizarre?)
2. Make a quick review of sources available or talk with your Professor and a Librarian, is there enough material to write a paper on your topic?
3. Delve into the research using suggestions from Professor and Librarian, and scouring Juniata's Library Homepage for databases, e-books, print books, the sci-fi collection, and interlibrary loan(access to 25 millions books)
4. Evaluate each source you consider, is it scholarly if need be, or is it helpful to the thesis of your paper? Do you use a wide variety of sources (ie: books, journals, newspapers)
5. Make sure to note the sources you use for a bibliography and why they are helpful to your paper, going back and finding things can be difficult
6. Write the rough draft, and after some revisions, the Final Draft. Cite properly and proofread
7. Your Professor and a Librarian can help you with many steps of this process, so be sure to stop by the Library to talk with us