When looking for sources to use in assignments please consider the following.
- How current is the information?
- When was this information published (or posted)?
- Have there been any revisions or updates?
- If there are links, are they functional?
- Does this information relate to your research needs?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Does the information relate to your topic or answer one of your research questions?
- Have you looked at an assortment of sources before choosing this one?
- Can you trust this information?
- Who is the author / publisher / sponsor... ?
- Can you find additional information about the above person or organization?
- Is it possible to verify the content?
- Is the information sufficiently cited to trace back?
- Has this source been reviewed or refereed?
- Are there general spelling or typographic errors?
- Why does this source exist?
- Is the information factual or propaganda?
- Is the authors viewpoint objective or impartial?
If you want to try a numeric test use the CRAAP Test Worksheet.